I am a guy. I love some things that really show I’m a guy. These are the bbc of mandom, Beer bacon and cheese. This recipe combines them all at once. This is in my opinion the best beer cheese soup recipe in the history of beer cheese soup.
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped fennel (or celery)
1 cup finely chopped carrot
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (32 ounce) carton chicken stock
5 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles guinness draught
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
2 teaspoons white pepper
2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 pound moteray jack, cubed
1/2 pound block pepperjack cheese, cubed
1/2 pound block Jalepeno Cheddar cheese, cubed
Put olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the fennel or celery, carrots, and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock, beer, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, white pepper, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine. Blend the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in the moteray jack and allow to melt. When it has melted, slowly mix in the pepperjack and sharp Cheddar cheeses, a little at a time, allowing each addition to melt into the soup before adding the next. Simmer the soup over low heat until the cheese has completely melted and the flavors have blended, 15 to 20 more minutes.
Where’s the bacon, it’s an after addition. I usually cook 3 pounds of bacon till crisp, and then crumble it. Then sprinkle it into your soup. Mmmm beer cheese soup.
The best thing it is so versitile. You can get some tortia scoop chips and use it as a dip, you can drizzle it over potatoes, add broccoli for broccoli cheese soup, enchilada cassarole, the limits are endless.
- Anna’s Favorite-cheese potatoes (peonygirlcooks.wordpress.com)
- My first 4 dishes of summer (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Mexican Tortilla Soup (ilovesoup.net)
- Bombin’ Cauliflower Magic (evaskitschenart.wordpress.com)
- Lentil Chili By Paula Wharton (outsiderswindow.com)
- Savory Saturday is for Soup! (wistfullywandering.wordpress.com)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup (arealfoodlover.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Sweet Onion Soup (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Chicken Pillows (larueinn.wordpress.com)
- Winter Table: Vegan, Slow-Cooker Butternut Squash Frijoles (blisstree.com)
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole (hungryhugheys.wordpress.com)
- Off the Beaten Aisle: Miso pastes made from fermented cooked soybeans that are aged (pbpulse.com)
- Amber Beer Cheese Dip (cheeseandbutter.wordpress.com)