Ok….this is an odd recipe. Believe me though it’s a good one. The saltyness from bacon, the sweet of raisins with a kick of rum, with this nutty oatmeal it’s just heaven. Give it a try it’s something you’ll love to peices. They will be a big hit at parties, and they will disappear really fast.
8 ounces sliced guanciale or pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch squares
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil, room temperature
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup Golden raisins raisins soaked in 1 cup dark rum
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cook guanciale or pancetta in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
Whisk flour and baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat both sugars and butter in a large bowl, occasionally scraping down sides, until well blended, 2–3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions. Add vanilla; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 4–5 minutes. Mix in dry ingredients.
Fold bacon, oats, and raisins (without the excess rum) into batter and stir until evenly incorporated (dough will be sticky; chill briefly for easier handling, if desired). Using a ice cream scoop and forming dough into balls, scoop batter onto prepared sheets, spaced at least 3 inches apart. Chill dough for 1 hour or cover and chill overnight.
Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°. Bake cookies, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are light golden brown and centers are still slightly soft, 20–22 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely. do ahead: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Mmmm golden raisins with a sweet rum flavor to them, oatmeal…bacon….what’s not good with bacons?
- A Healthier Cookie?? (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (homeectech.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Raisin Oatmeal Cookies (lifeasmomknowsit.wordpress.com)
- Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies…for Breakfast (21nogluten.wordpress.com)
- A hearty christmas menu (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Oatmeal Raisin cookies w/almonds (nnarla.wordpress.com)
- Sugar Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (eatgfcf.wordpress.com)
- Oatmeal Gems (targetall.wordpress.com)
- Best Oatmeal Raisin Chiquita Banana Muffins Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- An Awesome Portion Control Trick For Homemade Cookies (fooducate.com)
- Banana Caramel Whoopie Pies (21nogluten.wordpress.com)
- Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Banana and Chocolate (21nogluten.wordpress.com)
- Spiced Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies (delishdinners.wordpress.com)
- The failed cookie experiment I turned into cereal. (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)