Ok we Italians love our garbanzo beans. (chickpeas) I love them so much I find it’s easier to grow 14 plants per person. That’s a lot of garbanzos per person. In the middle east, they only grow 7 plants per person. I love to roast mine till crispy and eat them with seasoning. This is something really special. I have four favorite seasonings, smokey mesquite which I think compliments the bean quite nicely, little bit of onion or garlic powder, taco seasoning and a greek seasoning.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Rinse the beans with water for a few seconds to clean off the beans. Shake the strainer to rid of excess water. Lay paper towl on a baking sheet, and spread the beans over. Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans. Continue to roll beans gently to remove them from their thin skins. Discard the skins and the paper towels.
Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and use your hands to toss them. Season lightly and then put in the oven. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy. Becareful to not burn them.
To make your own greek seasoning, mix 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried mint, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, marjoram, and onion powder, and 1/4 teapoon garlic powder.
To make your own taco seasoning, mix 4 teaspoons onion powder, 3 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teapoon garlic powder, corn starch and cumin, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 3-cheese Eggplant Lasagna (cheeseandbutter.wordpress.com)
- Call Them Chickpeas or Garbanzos, Hummus Starts on The Farm (jplovescotton.com)
- My beer cheese soup (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Make it from Scratch -Taco Seasoning (sensitiveandcentsible.wordpress.com)
- Around the World Black Bean Burgers (A Meatless Monday Treat) (johannaelsemore.com)
- Slipper limpet cakes (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Super Bowl snacks follow up: bean dip, guacamole and multi-layer dip (getyourvegon.com)
- Trieste’s Seasoned Turkey Burger and Homemade Cajun Spice Blend (nancycreative.com)
- Esquire:Eat This All Month Long (esquire.com)
- Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe (forthemommas.com)
- Taking Chickpeas To The Next Level (playfulpantry.wordpress.com)
- Green Garbanzo Curry – Green Chickpeas Curry (shaanthz.wordpress.com)
- Make Your Own Hummus!!! (whatjothinks.wordpress.com)
- A Great Snack: Baked Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) with Moroccan Spices (eddieoneverything.com)
- Wheatless Wednesday: Roasted Chickpeas (rollinoatstampa.com)
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas from Vegan Junk Food (nancycreative.com)
- Slow Cooker Recipe for Vegan Black Garbanzo Bean Curry (kalynskitchen.com)
- Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Soup Recipe with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Basil (kalynskitchen.com)
- Chickpeas used all over the world, fresh or dried (sfgate.com)