That’s right! Zucchini flowers stuffed and fried. Delicious. What do they taste like you may ask? Well they don’t really have much flavor at all on their own. In Italy they are very popular that at any market there is always a few stalls selling just zuccini flowers. I love stuffing them with many things. I try to make combinations of things to stuff them with. Sometimes they leak out some of the stuffing but that’s perfectly ok. If you really wanna make sure it don’t fall out. Refigerate after stuffing for an hour, toss with flour first then the egg, then the breading. Here we go!
72 Fresh Zucchini Flowers
9 ounce Log Goat Cheese
9 ounce feta cheese
16 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Chives
3 Cup Ricotta Cheese
Sea Salt & Pepper
12 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Milk
9 Cups italian Breadcrumbs
1 1/2 Cup Grated Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese
1 pound pancetta sliced thin
Oil For Frying
Gently rinse your flowers and pat dry with paper towels and remove the inner bits from each.
Mix together the ricotta, feta, chives and goat cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Put ricotta mixture in a small plastic bag and clip off one bottom corner.
Place some thin strips of pancetta into each flower.
Squeeze a good teaspoonful of the mixture into each flower.
Toss the flowers in the flour now.
Beat the eggs with the milk until light and foamy.
Dip the flowers into the egg wash and allow it to drip off.
Roll the flowers in the breadcrumbs and place on a tray.
Repeat with all the flowers.
Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Heat oil in a wide saucepan until very hot (375 degrees F.)
Fry the flowers in batches on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Place the fried flowers on a platter covered with a couple of layers of paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Once all fried lay on a plate sprinkle a bit of sea salt and put on the side some marinara sauce.
- I Can’t Believe I Stuffed Zucchini Flowers (tinykitchenstories.wordpress.com)
- Oven Baked Zucchini Sticks with Sweet Onion Dip (thecocinamonologues.com)
- Squeezin’ the Cheese (or How to Make a Posh Squash Nosh) (smallhousebiggarden.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini “Fries” (jensfreshandfabulous.com)
- Sauteed Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Onions (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- French Fries? (thefrancophiles.wordpress.com)
- A Farmer’s Market Mistake Turns Into Stomach Gold (thehealthyrevival.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats (staceyarcher.wordpress.com)
- Garlicky Zucchini Noodles with Chickpeas and Tomatos – A Perfect Raw Vegan Lunch (cookingconsal.wordpress.com)
- Quick fry zucchini (examiner.com)
- Lazy Sunday and AWESOME Zucchini dish (skinnyvinnie.wordpress.com)
- Lazy Sunday and AWESOME Zucchini dish (free2bme123.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Noodles (bamfitnesscoaching.com)