One thing I realized my site does not have is my meatloaf recipe. It is the don of meatloaves. There’s lots of goodies in it. Bits of bacon mixed in, there’s chunks of feta, olives, onions and garlic.
- 4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 loaf Italian bread sliced
- 8 pounds Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 cup (heaping) Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup (heaping) Feta cheese (I use garlic and herb)
- 1 cup (heaping) Onions small dice (pinky nail sized peices)
- 1 cup (heaping) Olives minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Salt
- 3 teaspoons Pink Himalayan salt (fine not course)
- Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1 1/3 cup fine minced Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
- 16 whole Eggs Beaten
- 40 slices Bacon raw chopped into pinky nail sized peices
- 8 cloves garlic whole
Soak the sliced italian bread in the milk for several minutes in a large mixing bowl. While it is soaking turn the oven onto 200 degrees F. Place the ground meat, garlic bacon, eggs, salts, pepper, parsley, cheeses, olives, and onions into the soaked bread. Mix by hand until it all comes together and is well mixed. Turn out onto pan and shape into 4 loaves. (I have a cooling rack that is nothing more then a chunk of 1/4 inch thick steel with 1/3 inch holds drilled in it. I place it over a turkey roasting pan 1/2 full of water. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING THIS.) Place into oven and let cook 8-12 hours. After the 8-12 hours has passed apply your favorite sauce ontop of meatloaves and turn to 350 degrees F and allow to bake for another 15 to 30 minutes.
When it is done it will be sticky on the outside, and so moist and tender inside that you can microwave it the next day and not have it dry out on you which most meat loaves others have made for me tend to do. The onions will be clear, the garlic soft and delicious, the bacon flimsy yet delicious. The best thing of all, it’s a great meal that one can cook all day. No longer do you have to rush to get a meatloaf done, you can set it, and forget it.
Typically I use a apple bbq sauce with burbon in it.
- Buffalo Foodies: Seamus Gallivan (The Good Neighborhood) (buffaloeats.org)
- Heaven on Earth: Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf (allthingsjennifer.wordpress.com)
- Meatloaf Meatballs (also known as Meatloaf Muffins) (culdesaccool.com)
- The Rub Bar-b-que Recipes (fox4kc.com)
- Mini meatloaf (arabtimesonline.com)
- Experiment No. 8659: Spicy Turkey Carbonara (Recipe) (troyalivio.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-dried Tomatoes (lattesandleggings.com)
- Turkey Pesto Meatloaf with Balsamic Tomato Sauce (grabbingthegusto.wordpress.com)
- Not Your Mother’s “Meatloaf”! (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Meatloaf Variations (citymama.com)